|There are two methods of searching this database.
Browsing - will allow the user to browse
all the records in alphabetical order by title. Buttons for these browse
function are in the top menu bar.
Keyword Search - will allow the user
to search on all fields (Title, Author, Imprint, Language,
Description, Fulltext of extract), or choose only one field
to search on. The search features below are supported. After using keyword
search, users will see a list of record for that particular search term
or string. Clicking on the icon at "View Extract" field will allow the user
to view it in full image.
| Some Search Concepts
Keyword Searching- refers to the ability
to search on any word in a particular field. For example in, "A journey to
the tea countries of China", the word "tea" is the 5th word. However
keyword searches allow a user to search on "tea," and still
retrieve this record.
Case Insensitivity - is used throughout
all the indexes. Therefore searches on "tea" or "Tea" will retrieve the
Fields: The fields of record in this
- Title : Shows the title of the work.
- Author : Shows the author of the work.
- Imprint : Shows the place, publisher & year of publication.
- Language : Shows the language of the work.
- Extract : Shows pages of the work that contain relevant information.
- Description : Shows the description of the extract.
- View Extract : Clickable icon for users to view the full image
of the extract through the Adobe Acrobat Reader.